Our THINKER Values
Help Colleagues Do Their Best
Infuse Optimism and Fun
Keep an Open Mind
The creative director creates opportunity out of uncertainty, inspires others to do their best, and finds solutions that address core business issues. This is how MedThink Communications provides value to its clients.
In this role, the CD will orchestrate and curate solutions that drive client business forward. You’re part muse and part business advisor. The work you inspire drives results—results that matter to clients and to MedThink Communications.
You’re the new breed of creative director who prefers to grow business than to collect awards. You appreciate the idea of creative business…one where you partner with agency leadership and clients to inspire creative solutions…and one where the business of creative is managed and measured by growth and accountability.
The CD’s leadership and relationships attract future creative leaders and clients because this individual builds trust and confidence through their work and actions.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in communications, science, marketing, or related field of study
- Qualified candidates should have a minimum of 7 years’ experience in marketing, advertising and working in an advertising agency. Also, experience in a pharmaceutical healthcare corporate communications is essential
The candidate should possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- You possess an ability to develop strategies that lead to new ideas and solutions for our clients. You need to be an expert in pharmaceutical and medical marketing and a master of branding and positioning. You’re fluent in both design and copy but your background is grounded in copy. You set the creative standard at MedThink. You are adept at evaluating and guiding creative solutions against our standards.
- You are adept at directing the creative product at the agency and strive for excellence in everything from concept to completion of every project on schedule.
- You attend creative input meetings (along with the art director/copywriter team) to develop creative strategies and help flawlessly implement all creative requirements including copy, layout, illustrations, final art and photography.
- You are willing to learn and stay on top of emerging trends and technologies and do whatever it takes to enhance the skills required to be successful in this role.
- You can analyze trends, look at new data and make connections that translate into insights or strategies.
- You know when to support an idea or abandon it, when to listen and when to sell, and when to coach or when to push. You that intuitive sense, backed by data, to make the right decisions at the right time for the right reasons.
- You are a great communicator, motivator, and facilitator rolled into one. You are at ease presenting to clients, speaking with a CEO as much as you are coaching an intern. Yet, with each audience, you connect in a way that builds trust and respect. You are articulate, friendly, have a “whatever-it-takes” approach, along with an extremely strong work ethic (a good sense of humor helps, too).
- You work closely with account services to solve marketing problems through smart, well-designed solutions that help market and grow client and agency brands and reputation.
- You represent the agency at creative/professional/civic functions.
You understand agency financial operations. You have the financial acumen and oversight necessary to make informed decisions that lead to growth, staff utilization, and profitability.
- You see the big picture. And you can get into the weeds. The creative department thrives on your leadership, priorities, ability to anticipate resources and schedule workflow.
- You provide solutions to meet aggressive deadlines and juggle multiple priorities, and thrive in an environment of rapid change.
- You have a passion for the marketing communications industry. Must be knowledgeable and fluent in marketing communications strategies.
- You manage the creative/production department (art directors, copywriters, production artists, etc.)
- You interview and screen applicants for creative positions as well as hire and terminate
- You have oversight on selection and management of all creative freelance services.
- As required (up to 25%); candidate should be comfortable with travel and overtime, as client commitment requires.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.