Our THINKER Values
Help Colleagues Do Their Best
Infuse Optimism and Fun
Keep an Open Mind
The primary focus of the Medical Writer is to develop scientific content for physician education, based on disease-area research, clinical data, and pharmaceutical brand educational strategies. To fulfill this responsibility, the Medical Writer creates content that presents a scientific story in a logical and engaging style, ensures its scientific and medical accuracy, and collaborates internally with members of the Medical/Scientific team and other departments, including Account Services, Creative, Project Management, and Editorial.
The Medical Writer collaborates externally with pharmaceutical clients and disease area experts to integrate strategic insights and feedback into the content development process. The Medical Writer will also contribute to disease-related education of internal colleagues at MedThink, preparing and presenting background presentations about therapeutic areas that are new to the company. To be successful, the team member possesses the aptitude and interpersonal skills for communicating with a variety of external collaborators, including physicians, scientists, marketing professionals, and other pharmaceutical clients.
- PhD, PharmD, MD, or advanced nursing degree
- Prior experience with developing speaker slide decks, presented own research at conferences, with publications including scientific manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals a plus
Demonstrates behavior expected of a professional member of the organization, including but not limited to:
- Functions within 1 to 2 business units
- Accurate scientific/medical writing on a variety of medical communication and promotional projects
- Research (eg, literature or competitor searches)
- Attend scientific/client meetings and provide pre- and post-meeting materials as needed
- Verbal and written internal communication (eg, project status) and external communication (eg, clients and authors)
Talent and Knack
The candidate should possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Excellent writing and problem-solving skills
- Excellent PowerPoint skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple timelines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, InDesign, Outlook, and reference management software (eg, Endnote, Reference Manager)
- You are a good communicator and facilitator rolled into one. You are at ease working with other staff and clients, speaking with a CEO as much as you are coaching an intern. Yet, with each audience, you connect in a way that builds trust and respect. You are articulate, friendly, have a “whatever-it-takes” approach, along with an extremely strong work ethic (a good sense of humor helps, too).
- You work closely with design services, account services, and editorial to solve client challenges and data representation through smart, well-designed solutions that help market and grow client and agency brands and reputation.
- You provide solutions to meet aggressive deadlines and juggle multiple priorities, and thrive in an environment of rapid change.
- You represent the agency in all endeavors.