Our THINKER Values
Help Colleagues Do Their Best
Infuse Optimism and Fun
Keep an Open Mind
At MedThink Communications (www.MedThink.com), our job is to improve ourselves, not to prove ourselves. Individuals with a growth mindset are appealing, while those with a fixed mindset are less attractive. We operate from the mind-set that each employee has inherent strengths, wants to learn, wants to grow, and their effort is never in question. We are seeking candidates who love challenges, embrace effort, leverage feedback, and are inspired by others. If you have the desire to help our clients be great and help us always deliver high-quality work, then we want you on our team!
A Medical Writer is responsible for the review and development of scientific content in a variety of formats (slides, etc), accurate interpretation of data, clear communication with clients, speakers and authors, efficient planning and organization, establishing effective working interactions with editorial, graphics, account services, and product management teams, and produce quality products efficiently under multiple timelines.
- PhD, PharmD, MD, or advanced nursing degree
- Prior experience with developing speaker slide decks, presented own research at conferences, with publications including scientific manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals a plus
Demonstrates behavior expected of a professional member of the organization, including but not limited to:
- Functions within 1 to 2 business units
- Accurate scientific/medical writing on a variety of medical communication and promotional projects
- Research (eg, literature or competitor searches)
- Attend scientific/client meetings and provide pre- and post-meeting materials as needed
- Verbal and written internal communication (eg, project status) and external communication (eg, clients and authors)
Talent and Knack
The candidate should possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Excellent writing and problem-solving skills
- Excellent PowerPoint skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple timelines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, InDesign, Outlook, and reference management software (eg, Endnote, Reference Manager)
- You are a good communicator and facilitator rolled into one. You are at ease working with other staff and clients, speaking with a CEO as much as you are coaching an intern. Yet, with each audience, you connect in a way that builds trust and respect. You are articulate, friendly, have a “whatever-it-takes” approach, along with an extremely strong work ethic (a good sense of humor helps, too).
- You work closely with design services, account services, and editorial to solve client challenges and data representation through smart, well-designed solutions that help market and grow client and agency brands and reputation.
- You provide solutions to meet aggressive deadlines and juggle multiple priorities, and thrive in an environment of rapid change.
- You represent the agency in all endeavors.